Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thanks to "the battalion"!

Today I was reading the battalion (our school newspaper), and I found two very interesting articles relating to my topic of poverty. The first was an article from the Associated Press stating that Ben Bernanke, the Federal Reserve chairman, believes that the recession is on its way out. Although it is almost over, Bernanke says that it will still take several months before the employment rates go up. The next article of interest was about the relocation of Twin City Mission in Bryan. Twin City Mission is a fabulous organization that benefits the Bryan/College Station community. It's main targets are the abused and homeless. I won't focus too much on this article because it doesn't particularly concentrate on what Twin City Mission does. However, the important message from this article is that this organization is finally getting the new building it deserves. It had been based in a very old building, over 100 years old, and it was time for Twin City Mission to have a space built to fit their needs and their desires to expand.

No comments:

Post a Comment