My name is Kendall Smith and I'm a sophomore Nutrition major at Texas A&M University. I plan to be a Dietician for children for the first few years after I get my degrees. After a while, I plan on spending time in either India or Africa and assisting with providing nutritious food for those who can't afford it. I hope to work with the impoverished one day, and that's why I've chosen to write about poverty in my blog. However, I intend to focus on poverty in America. I believe that this issue is overlooked to often. The time that it is most noticed by Americans is when tragedy strikes and there are cameras swarming the people in their misery. Sure there are lots of organizations that help the poor, like Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, various food banks and religious associations. However, more money could be spent on helping these people while they're living in poverty and on helping them find their way out of poverty. I'm going to focus on how people are getting help and how we as America, along with out government could do more to help. Also, I'll discuss some of the effects that poverty has on people and how they deal with it. Hope you enjoy my blog!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is an interesting topic and one that, as you have said, often gets overlooked. Thinking about poverty right now, in a time of national recession, could be particulary interesting. Can't wait to read more!
ReplyDelete